- Name of Organisation
The name of our Group for this constitution is Incredible Edible Ramsbottom.
- Objects of the organisation
- To promote and develop a culture and opportunity for growing food, cooking and sourcing local products.
- To build on Ramsbottom's wealth of voluntary sector engagement to develop new links and partners concerned with the future of food and growing.
- To work together as residents irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, ability, religion or political view.
- To develop whole community skills in growing and cooking local produce.
- To promote for the benefit of the public the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment.
- To advance the education of the public in the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment.
In furtherance of these aims the committee has the power to;
- Invite and receive contributions and raise funds where appropriate, to finance the work of the Group, and to open a bank account to manage such funds.
- Buy or lease goods and property
- Employ staff and recruit volunteers
- Set up committees
- Work in partnership with other organisations
- Publicise and promote the work of the Group and organise meetings, events, seminars etc.
- Take any form of action that is lawful, which is necessary to achieve the objects of the Group.
- Membership shall be open to anyone who has an interest in assisting the Group to achieve its aim and is willing to adhere to the rules of the Group
- Where it is considered membership would be detrimental to the aims and activities of the Group, the Management Committee shall have the power to refuse membership, or may terminate or suspend the membership of any member by resolution passed at a meeting. Members shall have the right to appeal via an independent adjudicator determined by mutual agreement of the Management Committee.
- Any member of the association may resign his/her membership by providing the Secretary with written notice.
- Management Committee
- The organisation will be administered and managed in accordance with this constitution by the members of the Management Committee.
- The Management Committee shall consist of no less than three and not more than twelve, who must be at least 18 years of age.
- Members of the Management Committee can co-opt up to three additional members to serve on the committee.
- Members of the Management Committee will serve for a maximum of three years, but they can be re-elected. Members can resign at any time if their resignation would not leave less than the minimum of three Management Committee members.
- No member of the management committee shall use their involvement with Incredible Edible Ramsbottom for personal gain, including for the promotion of any business interests, political views or for their own financial gain.
The Management Committee will elect from their number a chair, treasurer and a secretary who will serve for one year but who can be re-elected, plus any additional officers the Group deems necessary at the meeting required to carry out the required activities.
- The committee shall meet at least three times a year. Meetings shall enable the Group to discuss actions and monitor progress to date, and to consider future developments.
- All members shall be given at least fourteen (14) days’ notice of when a meeting is due to take place, unless it is deemed as an emergency. Meetings will be advertised on the Incredible Edible Ramsbottom website.
- Two-thirds of committee members must be present in order for a meeting to take place.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Chairperson to chair all meetings or to designate a deputy in his/her absence. All meetings must be minuted and accessible to interested parties.
- The AGM shall take place no later than three months after the end of the financial year. At least fourteen (14) days’ notice must be given before the meeting takes place.
- All members are entitled to vote at the AGM. Voting shall be made by a show of hands on a majority basis. In the case of a tied vote, the Chairperson or an appointed deputy shall make the final decision.
- Any money acquired by the Group, including donations, contributions and bequests, shall be paid into an account operated by the Management Committee in the name of the Group. All funds must be applied to the objects of the Group and for no other purpose.
- Bank accounts shall be opened in the name of the Group. Any deeds, cheques, etc. relating to the Group’s bank account shall be signed by at least two (2) of the following committee members: Chairperson; Treasurer; Secretary.
- Any income/expenditure shall be the responsibility of the Treasurer who will be accountable to ensure funds are utilised effectively and that the Group stays within budget. Official accounts shall be maintained, and will be examined annually by an independent accountant who is not a member of the Group. An annual financial report shall be presented at the AGM. The Group’s accounting year shall run from 01 April to 31 March.
- Amendments to the Constitution
Any changes to this constitution must be agreed by a majority vote at a special general meeting.
Amendments to this constitution or dissolution of the Group must be conveyed to the Secretary formally in writing. The Secretary and other officers shall then decide on the date of a special general meeting to discuss such proposals, giving members at least four weeks (28 days) notice.
Any assets remaining after payment of any debts and liabilities should be transferred to an organisation with similar aims as agreed by the Management Committee.
The organisation will be administered and managed in accordance with this constitution by the members of the Management Committee.
This constitution was adopted at a meeting held at Christ Church & Neighbourhood Centre, Ramsbottom on 22 March 2010.